How to Change Your Career:
Minimize Economic Risk
- Cut 20% from your expenses.
- Use other people’s money.
- Put aside money for the transition period.
- Pick a field that pays reasonably well.
- Keep your current job while searching for a new one.
- Avoid other significant life risks.
- Do consulting in your current field to bring in additional revenue.
- Examine your investment portfolio to reduce financial risks.
- Determine whether family members can provide an additional financial contribution.
- Make sure you have enough insurance (life, disability, health and liability).