How to Change Your Career:
Minimize Risk to Self Esteem
- Don’t be controlled by anxiety and other negative emotions.
- Surround yourself with people who support you and your goals.
- Avoid naysayers who deride your efforts.
- Remind yourself that you are not defined as a person only by the money you earn.
- Take pride in achieving small steps.
- Be clear about what you are doing and why.
- Maintain a strong sense of purpose and values.
- Get the support of essential people.
- Frame your efforts in a way that strengthens rather than weakens you.
- Avoid seeing yourself as a victim.
- Ask empowering questions which are focused on the future.